Wednesday 25 May 2011

The day I didn't see Michelle Obama...

...which in at least one respect, makes it startlingly similar to every other day.


I went in to Oxford today, not because but aware of Mobama being in town. I joined the crowds of people lining the sides of the road and patiently waited. Eventually all we got was a fleet of blacked out land rovers going at full speed. Apart from the one with open windows and a mini-troop of fully armed soldiers, it was a mystery which one she was even in. Everyone immediately turned around bemused at why they'd bothered and promptly dispersed. And that was the highlight of my day...

...untiiiil I got home, read my emails and found out I'd got the science bursary to do research during summer. This for me is terribly exciting, apart from the fact that I'll not be able to do anything fun (eg. latitude and edinburgh) but yaaaaaaay!!!!

other highlights of my day were various purchases; some very pink shorts from zara and some fairly busy printed trousers, also zara



thanks to a lovely 3 for 2 offer on practically half of Boots at the minute I also bought a Garnier Eye Roll-on in  Very Fair (which as someone who spends her life trying to find freakishly pale concealers, I can confirm absolutely lives up to it's title), Soap & Glory Energy Balm (seems to have all the properties of my beloved Clarins Beauty Flash Balm for half the price) and the Neutrogena Wave Duo (probably a bit gimmicky but I can't afford a clarisonic and this will do. I'll post an opinion on it after I've been using it for a while)


Finally, after having a dodgy reaction to the Bare Minerals foundation and being happily persuaded by blogger reviews, I bought the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in B10. I have only used it the once but OH EM GOODNESS, it feels as cool and light as a particularly nice moisturiser, brightens and evens my skin no end AND is virtually invisible (more so than bare minerals). Easily the best foundation I've ever used.

Now on to another day of revision avoidance. Adieu :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THOSE PINK SHORTS !

    http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I texted my friends at Oxford & they were completely unaware she was even there until they say it on the news. Maybe that says more about them... Anyway, go zara on the awesome leg wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I like the ZARA look! especially the shoes :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete